Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems are designed to provide integrated and continuously updated data on business processes using common software. From a functional standpoint, an ERP provides ease of access to company-wide information from various individual sources. With these benefits in mind, it’s critical to choose the right ERP for the needs of your business.
The following is a comparison between Acumatica, our recommended ERP system for small to medium-sized businesses, and competitors, Sage Intacct and NetSuite.
Acumatica is a powerhouse ERP designed to be a turn-key solution for all business processes. It’s designed with the flexibility to meet the needs of small to mid-sized businesses and scale with them as they grow. As a true cloud-based system, Acumatica provides real-time access to all data regardless of location by centralizing financials, project accounting, and customer service.
Desktop and mobile accessible reporting dashboards provide access to in-depth information across all business sectors when and where you need it. Customization capability and role-based security result in team members with access to only the data they need.
Additional key benefits of Acumatica include:
- Embedded CRM and robust out-of-the-box customer service functionality
- Optional hybrid cloud and on-premise deployment
- Editions designed to meet the unique needs of Distribution, Manufacturing, Healthcare, and Retail and eCommerce.
- Unlimited users, Acumatica’s fees are based on system functionality, not individual seats.
Like Acumatica, Sage Intacct was designed for the cloud to meet the needs of small to mid-sized businesses. Its primary strength is its robust financial management capability, with dashboard access to in-depth financial data across business sectors.
However, unlike Acumatica, Sage Intacct:
- Lacks a CRM and requires third-party apps for full ERP functionality
- Does not offer support for vertical industries
- Is only available in the cloud
- Charges per user, which could impede scalability
Of the two, NetSuite is most similar to Acumatica. It’s a fully functional ERP offering complete mobility and a true cloud experience while allowing you to scale as you grow your business. But that’s where the similarity ends.
Additional features NetSuite lacks:
- Full relational database export, resulting in costly and challenging data migration.
- Flexibility for timing software upgrades without incurring additional costs
- Flexibility of hybrid or on-premise licensing
In comparison to Sage Intacct and NetSuite, Acumatica is the standout ERP Choice. While all three systems provide detailed financial management and true cloud deployment, only Acumatica has the robust out-of-the-box capabilities to provide data on business performance from sales through inventory management and everything in between, without costly third-party support.
If you would like to learn more about how Acumatica can help you meet your business goals, visit our Acumatica resource page, where you can request a demo or quote.