Acumatica cloud ERP is changing the way companies do business in multiple industries. This article looks at the impact Acumatica is having in healthcare, manufacturing, distribution and retail/ecommerce. It’s based on customer success stories Acumatica has shared with the public.
Acumatica Distribution Edition is software that helps companies manage their supply chain and logistics activities, including warehouse management, inventory management, and order management (sales and purchase orders), and integrate these activities with the company’s financials and sales. Acumatica has a track record of success with companies in the distribution business. For example, a supplier of mobility products like stair lifts and wheelchair ramps found that it was having trouble functioning efficiently using disconnected software programs they had inherited through a series of acquisitions. The company struggled with creating consolidated financial statements and running reports. Employees were spending a lot of time exporting data from different systems and converting it into a common format.
The company was able to get Acumatica running within 60 days of acquiring the software. They were able to lower IT expenditures and eliminate six siloed applications right away. Subsequent rollouts to branch offices took between 30 to 60 days each. By putting Acumatica to work, the business has gained real-time insights into its operations. The management team can now make better, data-driven decisions. Customer service has also improved through the use of Acumatica Field Service edition. For example, employees now have mobile access to data, which is useful for this geographically dispersed organization.
- Shortened time to deploy new technology, rolling out new ERP to branches in just 30 to 60 days
- Gained real-time business insight, driving better, data-driven decisions
- Improved customer service with new field-service technology
- Obtained mobile access to data, critical for the geographically dispersed organization
- Acquired a connected platform for growth, eliminating six siloed applications
- Lowered IT expenditures by eliminating the need for on-premises hardware & security infrastructure
“The implementation of Acumatica allows us to look at our metrics on a day-to-day, real-time basis. We can see what our operational impacts are which allows us to make better decisions during this chaotic time. None of that was possible with our prior systems.” – Bryan Mullen, SVP Shared Services, Lifeway Mobility
Acumatica also has its benefits for companies in the healthcare industry. For example, a company that sells and services medical equipment solutions to hospitals and doctor’s offices, was simply outgrowing their aging ERP system of nearly 17 years. Also, with business growth they struggled in preparing its end-of-the-month reporting. They were using a legacy ERP and accounting platform that had been ported to the cloud, but was not cloud-native. The result was a system that did not enable productivity for employees. With Acumatica, the company was able to cut for month-end reporting time cut by more than half. This saved staff time while also increasing decision making speed for managers. Transactions required for vendor invoicing dropped by 50%. The time required for complex reporting went from 20 days to 1 day. In addition, the company took advantage of Acumatica’s cloud native architecture to customize the software to fit complex local tax requirements.
- Preparation time for month-end reporting cut by more than half, increasing speed of decision making
- Transactions required for vendor invoicing reduced by 50%
- Complex reporting time shortened from 20 days to 1
- Modern architecture and toolset allows for customization across all modules to fit complex local tax requirements — at less time and money
“Users can get real-time information according to their specific profiles and make decision for their daily activities with more autonomy and accurate information. Acumatica is changing the way we work.” – Juan Schotel, CEO, EOS Group
Whether you’re in make-to-stock, make-to-order, engineer-to-order, project centric, job shop, batch, or repetitive manufacturing, you have unique needs as a manufacturer. However, when you need true visibility from the top floor to the shop floor, you need a business management solution that can keep up with the curve, allowing you to deliver the right products to the right people at the right price. Acumatica Cloud ERP Manufacturing Edition is designed for today’s manufacturer, allowing everyone from supply chain to finance to marketing and sales to see what they need, when they need to see it.
For example, a Houston-based maker of oil and gas industry products such as pipe and couplings made an acquisition of another company, leading to the adoption of that firm’s Sage MAS 90 financial system. However, the system did not provide basic accounting functions. Its inventory system was not integrated with the accounting system—leading to problems across the entire business, including an inability to track sales orders and invoices. By switching to Acumatica, the company gained an affordable ERP foundation that facilitates rapid growth. The software offers improved transparency regarding operations, finance and inventory. It also streamlined operations and processes.
- Gained a high-value, affordable foundation that can handle rapid growth
- Gained transparency into operations, finance and inventory
- Streamlined operations and processes
- Avoided $175,000 in user-fee costs and about $250,000 in customization charges
- Acquired foundation to scale operations including field services
“Acumatica allows us to concentrate on the business itself while not worrying about the software. All the data goes into one database, so it’s one version of truth.” – Yuri Dorovskikh, IT Manager, OFS International
Retail & eCommerce
No matter how you interact with customers, you know that their expectations are higher than ever. Acumatica Commerce Edition lets you see the entire picture of your customers, orders, inventory, and more so that you can deliver a repeatable and reliable customer experience that meets or exceeds expectations.
For example, a shoe store, specializing in sneakers, also operated a significant eCommerce business, handling over 750,000 SKUs. Success and rapid growth had led the business to be constrained by the software it was running. Managers considered three options: continue to develop a custom platform in-house, build upon their existing NetSuite solution or switch to Acumatica. They needed an integrated online store, warehouse management system and financial software.
After selecting Acumatica and implementing the solution, the company found that it had gained better control over inventory. They were also able to automate many accounting functions and streamline operations. By choosing a cloud ERP solution, the business eliminated IT capital costs and the accompanying need to run an on-premises data center. The company also no longer needed an in-house development team.
- Integrated online store, warehouse management system and financial software
- Gained better control over inventory
- Automated many accounting functions, streamlining operations
- Eliminated IT capital costs and need for on-premises data center
- Eliminated need for in-house development team
“Acumatica has really allowed us to focus on our business—which is selling shoes—instead of focusing on IT and development.” – Ryan Schlachter, President, Shoebacca
A Modern, Integrated ERP Solution for Your Industry
Acumatica is trusted by fast-growth companies across a wide range of industries. No matter your industry, it offers the following benefits:
- True Cloud with anytime, anywhere access that ensures operational continuity and business resilience
- Full support for work-from-anywhere scenarios
- Scalability as your resource demands grow
- Readiness for global business with multi-currency capabilities
- Adaptability to support your changing requirements
We have worked with clients across these four industries, and others, in the implementation of Acumatica solutions that make an impact on operations and profitability. To learn more about how Acumatica can benefit your business, contact us for a demo and free consultation.