In simple terms, cloud computing is the technology of transporting computing services over the internet (“the cloud”). These services include servers, databases, networking, storage, software, analytics, and more. The companies that offer these cloud services are called “hosts” or “cloud providers” and typically charge for these services based on usage.
Here are a few of the things you can do with the cloud:
- Higher security levels and customizations
- More robust resources at less cost as you eliminate the expense buying hardware and software and data center set-up
- Better efficiency and performance since the foundation of your system is dedicated to your business, not shared. This allows more computing resources to be provisioned in minutes if needed
- Offsite storage of your data to support business recovery and emergency contingency plans
- Automation for data backups and software upgrades
Click to download PDF Version.